To get started for the new year please read my Denver Post 'Punch List' (also called 'To Do' list) on this link - January Garden To Do List. Thank you so much if you're already doing so. Through the year you can read these monthly (September through March) or weekly (April through August) columns by clicking on the links to the left. I post them to this blog as soon as they are published on the Denver Post's website. I also link them on Facebook and Twitter.
Don't forget to sign up for a garden class or two or more from the many resources available in our community. Many are free or low cost. Here's where to check for classes, not in any particular order. This is by no means a comprehensive listing, just a place to start looking.
- Colorado Gardener news magazine's educational supplement. Look for it at garden centers, and botanic gardens throughout Colorado. FREE. It lists a host of gardening classes and events through the season.
- Jefferson County Colorado Master Gardeners are hosting an 'Improve your Garden Improve your Life' symposium on January 24th, all day. Fees, more information and register on the link.
- Denver Botanic Gardens and Lectures
- Hudson Gardens Education
- The Denver Rose Society Annual educational symposium is March 21st at Denver Botanic Gardens from 9:30 to 12:30, FREE with paid admission to DBG.
- The Gardens on Spring Creek Adult Education Fort Collins
- The Denver Post Grow has begun their Saturday garden calendar. The calendar moves to the Friday GROW pull out section in late March.